Basilic oil for cooking
· 2 cups packed basil leaves
· 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
· pinch of salt
1. Wash basil leaves then blanch themin boiling water for 1 minute.
2. Remove and place in an ice bath tocool down.
3. Squeeze out water and dry withpaper towel.
4. Place blanched basil, the oil andsalt into a blender or food processor and puree.
5. Let it settle a little then pourinto a glass container.
6. Use immediately or refrigerate.Flavors are even more intense the next day.
7. Keeps for 1 week refrigerated.Making basil oil is so simple and the end resultis so amazing, trust me you’ll want to drizzle it all over your fish, meat,vegetables, eggs and toasted bread.